American Roulette Game Tutorial
Like in all roulette games also with American Roulette a player needs to guess in which numbered box on the roulette wheel the ball (in a game round rolling in the opposite direction of the spinning wheel) eventually will end. If a player has placed a bet on the corresponding number on the betting field the player wins a certain payout, according to the pay table of the game.
American roulette differs as it has an extra “00” box on the roulette wheel, and thus an extra “00” betting section on the betting field. Also the layout of the betting field and the sequence of the numbers on the roulette wheel are different from French and European Roulette. However, American Roulette too has various inside- and outside betting options and the “Race Track” betting feature.
The inside bets are placed on the inner field of the table, on the numbers 0, 00 and 1 up to 36. There are 7 types of inside bets: Straight, Split, Street of Three line, Corner, Street of Six line, 0 (Three line) and 00 (Three line) bets.
- Straight: a bet on a single number by placing a chip on the box that corresponds to that number.
- Split: a bet on two adjacent numbers, horizontally or vertically, by placing a chip on the line between the two adjacent betting field sections (including on 0 and 00).
- Street of Three Line: a bet on a vertical row of three numbers by placing a chip on the (outer) lower line of the three numbers.
- Corner: a bet on four numbers that form a square, by placing a chip on the cross line between the four numbers.
- Street of Six Line: a bet on 6 adjacent numbers at the same time. If you want to bet on the numbers 1-6 for example, you place a chip on the lower T-junction lines between the 1 and the 4.
- 0 Three line bets: a bet on the number 0, 1 and 2 by placing a chip on the T-junction lines connecting those numbers on the far left of the inner betting field.
- 00 Three line bets: a bet on the number 00, 2 and 3 by placing a chip on the T-junction lines connecting those numbers on the far left of the inner betting field.
Outside bets are placed on the boxes around the 1 to 36 numbered inner betting field. There are 5 standard options to place an outside bet: Column, Dozen, High or Low numbers, Red or Black numbers and Odd or Even numbers.
- Column Bet: a bet on one of the three horizontal rows of the bet field (upper, middle and bottom row) by placing a bet on one of the 3 boxes in American Roulette marked with its payout value, 2:1) at the far right of the inner betting field. With a column bet you simultaneously bet on all the 12 numbers in the same row.
- Dozen Bet: a bet on 12 consecutive numbers of the inner betting field, by placing a chip in one of the 3 boxes on the lower side of the inner betting field. These boxes are marked as 1st 12 (numbers 1-12), 2nd 12 (numbers 13-24) and 3rd 12 (numbers 25-36).
- High or Low bets: a bet on the high numbers (19-36) or the low numbers (1-18).
- Red or Black: a bet on the color (red or black) of the numbers.
- Odd or Even a bet on odd or even numbers.
Race Track Bets
By clicking on the button in between the “i” marked button and the “Open statistics” button (on the lower left part of the play screen, underneath the 1st 12) a separate betting track, also known as “the Race Track” will open under the roulette wheel. This track contains the same numbers as the wheel and in the same order. On the Race Track betting field so-called “Neighbour” bets can be placed.
A Neighbour bet is a bet on 1 up to 8 neighboring numbers on each side of any given number on the Race Track. For example: “neighbour 1 on number 5” includes numbers 17, 5 and 22 or “neighbour 3 on number 22” includes numbers 32, 17, 5, 22, 34, 15 and 3.
Favorite Bets panel
Clicking on the button with a star-symbol on the lower left-hand side of the play screen will open the “Favorite Bets” menu. Here you can store the bets that have “favored” your casino account the most to instantly place those bets again on the betting field.
Dynamic Statistics Billboard
On the left of the Favorite Bets button there’s the Statistics Billboard button which, if opened, is an extended version of the billboard in the upper right corner of the play screen. The statistics billboard shows the game’s (statistic) history and which numbers are “hot” (relatively frequently winning numbers) and which numbers are “cold” (relatively less frequently winning numbers). This billboard is “dynamic” which means bets can be placed by clicking on the information showed. The Dynamic Billboard offers the following (instant) betting options: Red or Black, Odd or Even and Hot or Cold numbers.
American Roulette Bet limits
At the bottom in the center of the screen you see a number of chips and their values. When you click the arrows left and right of the chips you will get more chip (and value) options. You can play American Roulette with 1, 2, 5, 25, 100 and 500 euro chips. These can be bet multiple times and may be combined. The minimum bet per playing round is 1 euro and the maximum bet is 500 euros. When you bet on a number (or a combination of numbers), you can see the total amount bet at the bottom of the screen.
Undoing, redoing or doubling bets
On the right-hand side of the chips there are four buttons that allow you to double all your placed bets, to undo the last placed bet, to clear all bets or to re-place the bet from the previous game round.
By clicking on the button marked with an “i” on the lower left side of the play screen and below the betting field the pay table of the game will pop-up. Here you can see which most common bets will payout what if you win. To see the payout scheme of all possible bets the game rules need to be consulted.
When playing American Roulette you can adjust a number of settings of the game to your liking and open extra information displays. You do this by clicking on the four icons at the bottom left of the screen. These icons offer the following options:
- Question mark icon: to display the game rules
- Auto icon: to let the wheel spin automatically for a certain number of rounds and to configure when it needs to stop auto-spinning
- Music icon: to put the music on or off and to adjust the volume
Beside the above mentioned icons there’s the wrench icon that allows you to configure the following settings:
- Dealers voice: to turn the dealer’s voice on or off or to adjust its volume
- Background music: to turn the background music on or off or to adjust its volume
- Sound effects: to turn the sound effects on or off or to adjust their volume
- Soundtrack: to choose between 5 different background music soundtracks
- Quick Spin: to set the wheel on quick spinning
- Bet highlighting: to turn on or off the bet highlighting function
- Intro: to turn the introduction clip on or off
- Graphics quality: to set the quality of the graphics on low, medium or high, depending on the speed of your internet connection