european-rouletteEuropean Roulette Game Tutorial
Just like all Netent roulette games also European Roulette is a quite simple table game to play: you need to place a chip on a number (or combination of numbers) of your choice and spin the roulette wheel with the ball. The pocket on the wheel that receives the ball is the winning number and if you’ve placed a bet on that number you’ll win and you’ll be paid out.
Besides the “simple” gameplay, enhanced by bet high-lighting, mouse-over messages and voice announcements to help the players place their bets, European Roulette has some extra features worth mentioning too. Below we describe and explain the various betting options and these extra features.
How to Play NetEnt’s European Roulette
The inside bets are placed on the inner field of the table, on the numbers 0 up to 36. There are 5 types of inside bets: Straight, Split, Street of Three line, Corner and Six line.
- Straight: a bet on a single number by placing a chip on the box that corresponds to that number.
- Split: a bet on two adjacent numbers, horizontally or vertically, by placing a chip on the line between the two adjacent boxes.
- Street of Three Line: a bet on a row of three numbers on a single horizontal line by placing a chip on the outer line of the number on the far left of the three numbers.
- Corner: a bet on four numbers that form a square, by placing a chip on the cross between the four numbers.
- Six Line: a bet on 6 adjacent numbers at the same time. If you want to bet on 1-6 for example, you place a chip on the T-junction on the far left between the 1 and the 4.
Outside bets are placed on the boxes around the inner field with the numbers 1 to 36. Basically there are 5 options to place an outside bet: Column, Dozen, High or Low, Red or Black and Odd or Even.
- Column Bet: a bet on one of the three vertical rows (left, middle, right) by placing a chip in the box at the bottom of the row, you then bet 12 numbers at the same time.
- Dozen Bet: a bet on 12 numbers in three consecutive rows, by placing a chip in one of the following areas: 1ste 12, 2nd 12, 3rd 12.
- High or Low bets: a bet on the high numbers (19-36) or the low numbers (1-18).
- Red or Black: a bet on a color (red or black) instead of on a number.
- Odd or Even: a bet on odd or even numbers.
Race Track Bets’
In the lower left corner of the screen you see a separate betting track, also known as “the Race Track”. If you click on the track it will be opened and placed between the roulette wheel and the betting field. This track contains the same numbers as the wheel and in the same order. On the Race Track the following 5 types of bets are possible:
- Tiers: a bet on the numbers 27, 13, 36, 11, 30, 8, 23, 10, 5, 24, 16 and 33.
- Orphelins: a bet on the numbers 17, 34, 6, 1, 20, 14, 31 and 9.
- Voisins: a bet on the numbers 22, 18, 29, 7, 28, 12, 35, 3, 26, 0, 32, 15, 19, 4, 21, 2, and 25 (the 8 numbers on the wheel on each side of the “0”).
- Zero: a bet on the numbers 12, 35, 3, 26, 0, 32 and 15 .
- Neighbors: a bet on 1 up to 8 neighboring numbers on each side of any given number. For example: “neighbor 1 on number 5” includes numbers 10, 5 and 24 or “neighbor 3 on number 22” includes numbers 14, 31, 9, 22, 18, 29 and 7.
Special Bets panel
Next to the Race Track there are 3 buttons of which the one in the middle with a star-symbol opens the “Favorite Bets” menu. Here you can store your bets that have “favored” your casino account the most. If you click on the little cross in the upper right corner of this menu the Special Bets panel will open above. Here you’ll find another 35 “special betting” options and by the mouse-over function each of the numbers included in these bets are high-lighted.
Dynamic Statistics Billboards
On the left of the Favorite Bets button there’s the Statistics Billboard button which, if opened, is an extended version of the billboard in the upper right corner of the screen. The statistics billboard shows the game’s (statistic) history and which numbers are “hot” and which numbers are “cold”. Both billboards are “dynamic” which means bets can be placed by clicking on the information showed. Therefore they offer the following bet options: Red or Black, Odd or Even and Hot or Cold numbers.
European Roulette Bet limits
At the bottom right of the screen you see a number of chips. When you click the arrows left and right of the chips you will get more options. You can play European Roulette with 1, 2, 5, 25, 100 and 500 euro chips. These can be bet multiple times and may be combined. The minimum bet is 1 euro and the maximum bet is 500 euros. When you bet a combination, you can see the total amount bet at the bottom of the screen.
Undoing, redoing or doubling bets
On either side of the chips there are four buttons that allow you to double all your placed bets, to undo the last placed bet, to clear all bets or to re-bet from previous game round.
Pay table / Win Plan
Above the spin button in the lower right corner the maximum (€ 500) and minimum ( € 1) possible bets are displayed. If you move your mouse over this region the paytable / win plan will pop-up. This is a concise overview of the payouts on the most common bets. For a complete overview of the payout rates of all possible bets you need to consult the game rules you can find when clicking on the button with the question mark in the lower left corner.
When you start playing European Roulette you can adjust a number of settings to your liking. You do this by clicking the four icons at the bottom left of the screen. These icons offer the following options:
- Question mark icon: to display the game rules
- Auto icon: to let the wheel spin automatically for a certain number of rounds and to configure when it needs to stop auto-spinning
- Music icon: to put the music on or off and to adjust the volume
Beside the above mentioned icons there’s the wrench icon that allows you to configure the following settings:
- Dealers voice: to turn the dealer’s voice on or off or to adjust its volume
- Background music: to turn the background music on or off or to adjust its volume
- Sound effects: to turn the sound effects on or off or to adjust their volume
- Soundtrack: to choose between 5 different background music soundtracks
- Quick Spin: to set the wheel on quick spinning
- Bet highlighting: to turn on or off the bet highlighting function
- Intro: to turn the introduction clip on or off
- Game history: to display the game’s history
European Roulette Bonus
European roulette is a classic game and is also the target of some truly classic casino promotions: bonuses, free spins, and more. But are there any European roulette bonuses available right now?
Well, if you want to play this NetEnt table game and get some bonuses, then either Temple Nile Casino or Mr Green are offering promotions that will suit your needs perfectly.
Mr Green are giving their new customers 100% up to €100 and 100 free spins when they make their first deposits.
You can take this money and these spins straight to the European roulette table.
Temple Nile are giving players a 100% up to €500 first deposit-bonus, which means, if you deposit €100, you’ll get €200 to play with, or if you deposit €200 you’ll get €400 to play with. If you like the sound of either of these promotions, then you should follow the links at the bottom of this page.
Alternatively, you can head over to our bonuses page for even more!