Funk Master Slot Game and Feature Rules
- 6 or more of the same symbols in a cluster award a win and start an Avalanche.
- All winning symbols except for DANCING WILD are removed, leaving space for a second Avalanche.
- The Avalanche continues until there are no more wins.
- DANCING WILDs substitute for all symbols except for Multipliers.
- Any WILD in a win is not removed. Instead, it moves to one of the vacant positions from the cluster win.
DANCING WILD HOTSPOT
- A random 2×2 area is shown at the start of each game. In Free Spins it becomes 3×3
- Unlocking all Dancing Wild Hotspot positions awards 1 DANCING WILD symbol in one of the vacant Hotspot positions
- A MULTIPLIER symbol multiplies the total win by its shown value of x2, x3, x5 or x10.
- If two or more MULTIPLIERs land in the same spin, the total win is multiplied by the sum of their values
- 3 or more DANCING WILDs landing award 6 Free Spins.
- DANCING WILDs remain in the grid throughout Free Spins
- The initial size of the game grid is 9×8
- Unlocking all Dancing Wild Hotspot positions expands the grid upward 1 row up to a maximum of 12 high.
In jurisdictions where buy features are available, you can activate Free Spins at 125x bet. When Free Spins are activated with the Buy Feature, one free main game spin that is guaranteed to activate 6 Free Spins is played.
Funk Master Slot: Paytable Review
Funk Master Dream Drop has 7 paying symbols plus a WILD and Multiplying BOMBS. Wins are made when a cluster is formed of at least 6 matching symbols
50% of prizes at-or-below bet.
- Win Hit: 1 in 3.6 spins
- Free Spins Hit: 1 in 397 spins
Funk Master Slot Review
Funk Master is a cascading (or Avalanche as Net Ent call it) cluster game in line with the likes of Push Gaming’s epic Jammin’ Jars. Basically, coloured symbols fall in and any winning groups (aka clusters) are removed and replaced with more coloured symbols, continuing until no more wins occur. The bigger the cluster, the bigger the win. Simple stuff.
The game is fun to play. It’s full of action from the start and the soundtrack keeps bouncing along with delicate drop sounds of the symbols landing. It’s difficult to remain seated while playing. While artistically simple, Funk Master is a sense caressing colour explosion designed to tantalise the colour receptors. And it does so extremely well.
Having said that however, there’s nothing new in Funkmaster. While it’s well designed and built, all its elements are taken from games by other studios. Cascades in a grid, multipliers, moving Wilds. Even the disco theme. The only uncommon, but not innovative, element is the Hotspot. Appearing under many guises, Hotspots, Hotzones, Sweetspots and the like, all behave similarly, adding an area where something special occurs, be it triggering Free Spins, Respins, awarding Multipliers. In the case of Funk Master, clearing all Hotspot positions in one round, awards an additional WILD. The extra WILD is of course useful as it helps clear more clusters where ideally a 3rd WILD will drop in the Avalanche triggering Free Spins.
Once you grab that 3rd WILD, the action steps up a notch in Free Spins. Net Ent designers have added a rule to clearing the Hot Spot which couples well with the added WILDs received. Firstly Hotzone size is now 3×3 so it’s harder to clear. But, clearing a Hotzone in Free Spins not only awards an extra WILD but also increases the grid height by 1 row, up to 12 rows max. The benefit of an added row is more having symbols to create clusters and extend the life of each spin considering you only have 6 Free Spins.
On occasion, the 3 initial WILDs and/or the added WILDs from the Hot Spots will move together, which is what we want to see. The 6 Free Spins are extended considerably as long as clusters are formed. What you hope to see in Free Spins is a mix of consecutive cluster wins and a bunch of multipliers. The paytable isn’t very strong and wins from clusters aren’t enough without dependence on multipliers to ring the big win bell.
Pros and Cons
Funk Master feels as though Net Ent’s management requested a ‘solution’ to Jammin’ Jars where the design team took it too literally. The look and feel, the grid size, the bounciness of the WILDs, the near identical win fonts, the 6 Free Spins, the behaviour of WILDs working together, the continuous runs of cascades in Free Spins, so many attributes are created to replicate the experience of Jammin’ Jars and in doing so, Funk Master falls short in Originality and Integrity.
If we cast the similarities to Jammin’ Jars aside, Funk Master is a well built and potentially rewarding game. The added WILD mechanic is its core benefit and main point of difference, and, coupled with the increasing grid height, brings an intense frenzy of wins to Free Spins.
Get your disco on and give Funk Master a spin!
Funk Master gets 69 Spins out of 100 based on the following ratings.
Similar Games to Funk Master Slot
If you like grid cascaders, cluster pays or drawn to retro themes, here are a number of other Net Ent games you can try out as well.
- Disco Danny
- Knight Rider
- Finn and the Swirly Spin
- Aloha! Cluster Pays
- The Legend of Shangri-La: Cluster Pays
- Neon Staxx