What to expect from Knight Rider Slot
Just when you thought the 80’s were long gone, here comes Knight Rider! This high-octane 5-reel, 4-row video slot includes Walking Multiplier Wilds, Turbo Boost, Free Spins with Laser Wilds and the Buy Feature (where available).
Knight Rider Game and Feature Rules
WALKING MULTIPLIER WILD
- Wilds can appear anywhere on the reels in the Main Game and in Free Spins.
- Whenever these Wilds form part of a win they remain on the reels and move one reel to the right instead of disappearing at the start of the next spin.
- These Wilds are assigned Multipliers that correspond to the reel on which they’ve landed (1x, 2x, 3x, 4x, 5x).
- When Walking Multiplier Wild symbols move to the right, the Multipliers are updated accordingly.
- This feature is randomly activated in the Main Game and places 3 or 4 Walking Multiplier Wild symbols onto the reels.
- Land 3 Scatter symbols on reels 2, 3, and 4 to activate 10 Free Spins.
- There are 4 levels in Free Spins, and Free Spins start at level 1.
- During Free Spins collect 3 Knight symbols levels up to Level, 2, 3, 4 to activate Laser Wilds
- 2 Extra Free Spins awarded with each Level Up
- When reach level 2, the Laser Wilds Feature is activated.
- When this happens, 1 Walking Multiplier Wild is randomly zapped onto the reels before they start spinning.
- On level 3, 2 Walking Multiplier Wilds land.
- On level 4, 3 Walking Multiplier Wilds land.
- Further filling the meter will award you with 2 additional Free Spins for every 3 Knight symbols collected.
- In jurisdictions where Buy Bonus is available, Free Spins entry can be purchased at a cost of 140x the bet.
Players should ready themselves for a heart-pounding battle at the top of the rap scene with Red Tiger’s Hustling slot. The game is designed with the iconic West Coast vs. East Coast hip hop rivalry in mind, and the result is an attractive slot with an appealing take on the elements that define hip hop culture.
Hustling greets players with a unique background, featuring palm trees and custom rides on the left and moody, graffiti-covered brick buildings on the right. The board belongs to the West and East super wilds, respectively, and the super wild symbols are designed with some of the industry’s most unforgettable rappers (Tupac and Biggie) in mind.
The rest of the game’s symbols include highlights such as dollar signs, cans of spray paint, and boom boxes.
Players can experience Hustling’s style on both desktop and mobile devices.
We take a closer look at the slot’s gameplay below!
How Does Knight Rider Play?
Quite well in fact. Aside from a few minor shortcomings, gameplay is slick and the themed reelspin audio keeps the suspense alive. The features are well adapted to the brand and the brand compliments the features.
Knight Rider bears a striking similarity to Net Ent’s own Drive: Multiplier Mayhem and it’s clear where the math inspiration came from. The multiplying wilds are always welcome in any game but the addition of the Walking Wilds in Knight Rider is where the similarities end. The paytable in Knight Rider has been trimmed somewhat to afford the Walking Wilds.
26 Paylines in a 4×5, or any reel configuration for that matter, is certainly not common. Typically, a 4×5 will have 40 or 50 paylines evenly distributed across the rows. In Knight Rider, all the paylines are tidy and symmetrical meaning less effort is required to read wins, however, there are more paylines originating from rows 2 and 3. This make these rows more valuable as more wins will originate from the center rows rather than the outer rows. An odd choice in a game with win dependant rightward Walking Wilds as any WILD landing on reel 1 is more likely to trigger a win on rows 2 and 3.
Scatters only appear on reels 2, 3, 4 and sound out when they hit. A common positive reassurance element in slots to alert players of a potential bonus trigger or other desirable feature. However, in Knight Rider the game always sounds out scatters even if there is no possibility of a trigger. This constantly draws player attention to a negative event, one that wont result in a trigger. Over time, the constant electronic drum hits become quite annoying.
Shortcomings aside, Knight Rider’s core feature is the Walking Wilds coupled with its multiplying multipliers, and the outcome is epic. Every feature of the game, including the Free Spins is created to emphasise and enhance the Walking Wilds. Whether in the Base Game or Free Spins, any combination including a few wilds across the reels (assuming they’re on a payline) is sure to win big. At the top end, a win involving all WILDS is multiplied x120. But it’s the mid range where the game comes into its own. Assume a WILD on reel 3 and 4 making up a 4 of a kind Hi Tier being multiplied x12, then walking right and forming a 5 of a kind being multiplied x20. Sure to put a smile on any nostalgic GenX Knight Rider fan!
Delights and Surprises
- Multiplying Wilds
- Extra Free Spins awarded by collectibles
- Click on the game logo
- Very dated art
- Scatters appear only on reels 2, 3, 4.
- A reel 4 anticipation spin is not necessary
- Scatters should only sound out if landing on reel 2 then 3 then 4