Netent Live Casino HD Black Jack Introduction
Netent Live Casino HD Black Jack was launched by Net Entertainment in 2013. Like its Live Casino Roulette predecessor, Live Black Jack allows a player to play the classic casino game Black Jack against real-life dealers, thus approaching the real casino experience.
Netent Live Casino HD Black Jack Game Details
- Payout percentage: The theoretic payout of Netent Live Casino HD Black Jack is 99.50%
- Type of casino game: Live Casino
- Type of Casino Game: Black Jack
- Game features: Live Dealers, High Definition video, Dynamic Billboard, Live Player Chat
Netent Live Casino HD Black Jack Game Tutorial
Netent Live Casino HD Black Jack is similar to Black Jack as it is played in a real-life casino. The players take a “seat” at the table, at one of the seven places available, after which the game rounds start.
Live Black Jack Game Rules
The Netent Live Casino HD Black Jack game rules are the same as normal casino Black Jack:
- The player has to “buy” (hit) cards from the dealer after the first two cards are dealt, trying to get as close to 21 points as possible without passing that number;
- The player has to have more points than the dealer after the dealer’s hand is played;
- If the player buys more than 21 points the hand is “bust” and the player loses. If the dealer buys more than 21 points their hand is bust too (and the dealer loses);
- Split: if the player’s first two cards that are dealt are equal in numbers or in images (for example two 9’s or two Kings) the hand can be “split”. Subsequently the player will get an additional card on each split card and thus play with 2 hands (with on each hand betting the same amount that was initially bet). The dealer cannot split;
- Stand: the player can decide to “stand” which means no more cards will be dealt while the total amount of points of the player’s hand is below or the same as 21 points. The player then has to wait for the dealers to play their hand;
- Push: a “push” means the value of the hand of the player is the same as the value of the hand of the dealer. In that case the player neither wins or loses and holds the bet placed;
- Insurance: if the dealer hits an Ace as a first card the players have the option to “insurance”, (that is, double) their initial bet. In case the dealers subsequently hit Black Jack when playing their hands the player’s bet is paid out according to the paytable;
- Black Jack: “Black Jack” is 21 points formed by an Ace (11 points) and a 10 points card (see Live Black Jack card values). If a player gets Black Jack dealt with the two first cards received they immediately win according to the paytable. If the dealers get Black Jack they win over all players that have chosen to stand.
The cards dealt by the dealer are shuffled by an automatic (ShuffleMaster) shuffling machine and Netent Live Black Jack is played with 6 decks. Furthermore, the following “house rules” are applied:
- The dealer must stand on 17, including on a “soft” 17 (17 points with an ace in it), and draw on 16;
- The player can double bets on (the first dealt) two-card hand, including split hands. If a player does so, automatically a card is dealt when it’s the player’s turn;
- Split hands cannot be split again (no re-splitting);
Netent Live Casino Black Jack card values
The value of the cards in Live Black Jack are as follows:
- Numbered cards value their specific number;
- Kings, Queens and Jacks value 10 points;
- Aces value 11 or 1.
The Game Round
A Live Black Jack game round follows a certain sequence:
- The dealers invite the players to place their bets and a bet timer starts its countdown;
- The players place their bets in their betting box before the bet timer reaches 0;
- After the bets are closed the dealers deal cards to each player and to themselves;
- From right to left each player at the table gets a turn and decides how to proceed to play their hand(s) according to the Live Black jack game rules (see above);
- When each player has had a turn the dealers buy their second card and play their own hand;
- After the dealer has played their hand, losing bets are deducted from the player’s account and winning bets are paid out.
Fast Play Game Rounds
To speed up the game rounds Netent Live Casino HD Black Jack has some built-in “fast gameplay” features:
- The players can decide how to play their hand(s) after the first 2 cards are dealt, even if it’s not their turn. This means the dealer can pass players who have already decided to stand;
- Players have to decide how to play their hand(s) in a specified timespan. If they pass this timespan, the played hand will automatically stand;
- Players that don’t place a bet during 3 consecutive game rounds lose their seat at the table.
The Dynamic Billboard
The Dynamic Billboard is located at the right side of the screen and shows the value of the hands of the dealer over the last 10 game rounds (and the percentages of the dealer’s Black Jack- and busted hands). Also the percentages of winning and pushed hands of the last game round and compiled from all the players at the table are shown.
The Live Dealer, High Definition video and Players Chat
In the Netent Live Casino the player is hosted by a real-life dealer that’s dealing the cards and leading the game and of which the images are broadcasted (via internet) by live-streaming, “High Definition” video. By Live Chat the player can not only communicate with the dealer, but, if desired, also with its fellow players at the table.
The Live Chat can be found on the left-hand side of the screen and shows which players are “online” to chat with. This panel also shows the minimum and maximum possible bets allowed at the table, the dealer’s name, player’s current bet, win and balance (not visible for fellow players at the table).
Netent Live Casino HD Black Jack Bet limits
At the bottom in the center of the screen you see a number of chips. When you click the arrows left and right of the chips you will get more options in chip value. The minimum and maximum bets of Live Black Jack, and therefore the value of the chips as displayed, depends on the specific Netent Casino that is offering the Netent Live Casino. Placed bets will be automatically turned into one single chip, for example 2 € 25 chips will be turned into a single € 50 chip on the table.
Undoing or re-placing bets
On the right side of the chips there’s a button that allows you to undo the placed bet. On the left side of the chips there’s a button to re-place the bet from the previous game round.
Live Black Jack Pay Table
The Pay Table of Netent Live Casino HD Black Jack can be opened by clicking the “i” signed button in the lower left corner of the screen. By default the paytable consists of the following:
- Black Jack pays 3:2
- Insurance pays 2:1
- Win pays 1:1
When you start playing Netent Live Casino HD Black Jack you can adjust a number of settings to your liking. You do this by clicking the icon at the bottom utmost left of the screen. The game settings can be adjusted as follows:
- Players list: to show the names of the other players at the table
- Chat: to turn off or on the Live Chat
- Background music: to turn the background music on or off or to adjust its volume
- Sound effects: to turn the sound effects on or off or to adjust their volume
- Live Casino sounds: to turn off or on the Live Casino sounds
- Video quality: to set the quality of the video to high, medium or low
On the lower right-hand side there’s a button to set the images on full-screen.