Pontoon Pro Introduction
Pontoon Pro is a variation on blackjack where the dealer’s cards are dealt closed. It is an exciting table game that is not hard to play. Read more about Pontoon Pro by NetEnt here.
Pontoon Pro Game Tutorial
Pontoon Pro has a number of game rules that will be explained here.
- The goal of Pontoon Pro is to score 21 points, a Pontoon, or to come as close to 21 points as possible and thus beating the dealer.
- The card values are as follows: the numbered cards 2-10 are worth their face value, aces count as 1 or 11; and the jack, queen, and king count as 10 points.
- Up to 16 points the dealer must draw a card.
- When the dealer gets a hard 17, no extra cards may be drawn; when the dealer gets a soft 17 he must draw a card
- A soft hand is a hand with an Ace in which the Ace can count as 1 or 11 points without a bust
- A hard hand is a hand without an Ace, or an Ace that can only count as 1.
- When you get more than 21 points, you lose (bust).
- Pontoon always beats another hand with 21 points.
- The dealer always wins at a draw.
- Only when you get a hand of a minimum of 15 points you can stay.
There are a number of important hand values. First there is Pontoon; this is a hand where your first two cards are an Ace and a 10 point card. Then there is a hand of 5, also known as Charlie, this is a hand of 5 cards that add up to 21 points. There are also hands of three or four cards that have a total value of 21 points.
When you get a hand with two cards of the same value, you are allowed to split this hand. You initial bet will be doubled in that case. These two hands will be played one by one. You can split again to get a total of three hands, this includes aces.
When you have a hand of 4 cards or less, you may double. The bet will be the same as the initial bet. After doubling you will get one other card. Every hand can be doubled only once.
Pontoon Pro Bet Limits
You can choose from chips of 1, 5, or 10 euros in Pontoon Pro. These may be bet multiple times and may be combined. The minimum bet in Pontoon Pro is 1 euro and the maximum bet is 40 euros.
Pay Table / Win Plan
Pontoon pays 2:1; a Charlie also pays out 2:1. All other wins pay out 1:1. When you move your mouse over the MIN / MAX sign, the pay table will pop up.
At the bottom of the screen you see the wrench icon, by clicking this, the settings menu will open. In this menu you can adjust a number of settings to your liking. These settings are:
- Sound (on or off)
- Sound Effects (on or off)
- Background Music (on or off)
- Speed (increase or decrease)
- Game History (not available in practice games)
Pontoon Pro Manual
Pick a chip and place it in a field to place a bet. You can play a total of three hands at NetEnt Casinos, but you can also play only one hand. If you want to remove your bet, click the grey chip and the field that you want to remove. When you are done betting, click DEAL. In every field where you placed a bet two open cards will be dealt and the dealer will get two closed cards. When you play two or more hands, you will see a moving arrow to the left side of the field, this is the field where you are about to act. Now there are a number of possibilities.: click TWIST if you want another card, click STICK if you do not want another card; if you want to split your cards, click SPLIT, if you want to double, click BUY. Depending on your choice the result will be shown on screen.
After a round you can choose for a new bet by clicking NEW BET. You can also choose to play the next round with the same bet, if so, click REBET.