Punto Banco Intruduction
Punto Banco is a synonym for Baccarat; it is a table game that is played between the player and the bank / casino. The goals is to predict if the game is won by the bank or the player, or that it will end in a tie.
Punto Banco Game Tutorial
Below you will find a short explanation of the Netent Punto Banco game.
Playing the Game
In Punto Banco the croupier deals the dealer and the bank both two open cards. On the basis of the third card rule that applies in every Baccarat game a third card may be added to both the player and / or the bank hand.
The hand (player or bank) that comes closest to 9 points with its 2 or 3 cards wins the round. When the point totals of both hands are equal, the round will end in a tie, and neither the player nor the bank will win. Only when a bet is made on TIE, winnings will be paid out.
- The colors and suits of the cards are equal. So clubs are equal to hearts.
- The cards with numbers 2 to 9 are worth their face value, so a 9 of hearts is worth 9 points and a 3 of spades is worth 3 points.
- All face cards (jack, queen, king) and the tens are worth 0 points.
- Aces count as 1
When the point total exceeds 9, a total of 10 points is subtracted. So, 13 points becomes 3 points, 14 points becomes 4 points, and so on.
Rules Regarding Drawing a Third Card
As mentioned earlier, in some cases the player (Punto) or bank (Banco) may draw an extra card, the third card. This is only done in certain cases:
When the player (Punto) or the bank (Banco) has a point total of 8 or 9 after the first two cards, this is called a “natural”, in such a case the highest “natural” will automatically win and no third card will be dealt. This rule goes before all others.
Third Card Rule Punto
When the player (Punto) has 0-5 points, the Punto will get a third card. When the player (Punto) has 6 or 7 points, no third card will be drawn.
Third Card Rule Banco
After the player hand is played it is the bank’s turn for the third card rule.
When the player (Punto) does not get a card anymore, the bank (Banco) draws a third card when the first two cards have a point total of 0-5.
When the player (Punto) did get an extra card, it depends on the point total of the; player (Punto) if the bank (Banco) will draw a third card.
- When the player (Punto) has drawn a 2 or 3, the bank (Banco) will draw a card with 0-4, and will stand at 5-7.
- When the player (Punto) has drawn a 4 or 5, the bank (Banco) will draw a card with 0-5, and will stand at 6-7.
- When the player (Punto) has drawn a 6 or 7, the bank (Banco) will draw a card with 0-6, and will stand at 7.
- When the player (Punto) has drawn an 8, the bank (Banco) will draw a card with 0-4, and will stand at 3-7.
- When the player (Punto) has drawn an Ace, 9, 10, or face card, the bank (Banco) will draw a card with 0-3, and will stand at 4-7.
Punto Banco Bet Limits
You can play Punto Banco in three categories at various Netent casinos, low bets, standard bets, and high bets.
Low bets: minimum bet of 0.10 euros, maximum bet 10 euros
Standard bets: minimum bet of 1 euro, maximum bet 100 euros
High bets: minimum bet of 10 euros, maximum bet 1,000 euros
The bet limits can at all times be viewed on the table by clicking the MIN / MAX sign.
Pay Table / Win Plan
To view the pay table / win plan in game, move your mouse over the MIN / MAX sign.
When you have placed a bet on Punto and Punto wins the round, you will get a payout of 2x the bet.
When you have placed a bet on Banco and Banco wins the round, you will get a payout of 2x the bet minus a 5% rake.
When you have placed a bet on Tie and the game ends in a tie, you will get a payout of 8x the bet.
In case of a tie, you will get any bets you placed on the Punto or Banco hand back. So you will not lose in that case!
When you play Netent Punto Banco, you can adjust certain settings to your liking. You can do this by clicking the wrench icon at the bottom left of the screen.
- Sound (on or off)
- Sound Effects (on or off)
- Background Music (on or off)
- Game History (display do not display)
- Speed (increase or decrease)
- Game History (click to view)
Punto Banco Manual
Placing bets: click a chip and then click your mouse on the field (Punto, Banco, Tie) you want to bet.
Every click on the field adds an extra chip of the value you chose.
Click on the chip with the cross, followed by the field you have placed a bet to remove the bet. You can also remove the entire bet at once.
To start the game click DEAL.
If you want the play again with the same bet as in the previous round, click REBET.
If you want to place a new bet, click NEW BET.