- 3Exclusively at NetEnt Casino
€2000 + 150 Free Spins
Get more than double your first deposit up to €2000 and 150 Free Spins
€25 Min. DepositFree Spins are available only on the following Habbanero slots: Ruffled Up, 5 Mariachis, Coyote Crash, London Hunter, Kane's Inferno, Roman Empire, Haunted House, Aztlan's Gold
What is a first deposit bonus?
As the name implies, a first deposit bonus is the type of offer that is available when you make a payment for the first time. As a general rule, this is offered by every casino in the land and once you have made a deposit your initial account balance will be boosted by a certain amount.
As you will see from the excellent list on this page, the amount varies at each casino but you can usually expect a 100% match up to a certain amount, so your first deposit will be doubled. Again, when it comes to a minimum deposit amount, this is not a uniform number throughout the industry but you will usually have to spend no more than €5 or €10.
A first deposit casino, then, is one that offers this type of bonus and this applies to the vast majority of online betting sites, with only a handful instead opting for a less structured welcome bonus.
As well as a deposit match, a first deposit bonus frequently includes a free spins element. These are to be used on online slots, which are some of the most popular games around. If you are about to pick a casino based on the number of bonus spins offered, then it is important at this point to carefully scrutinise the terms and conditions to see the exact requirements. The spins may have high wagering requirements, which means that you must risk any winnings a certain number of times before cashing out, or have a maximum win attached. Either way, it makes sense to know what you are getting into and avoid disappointment.
Finally, you can usually use any available payment method to get a first deposit bonus. The exact options will vary at each casino but you will usually have a selection of traditional and modern methods, such as bank transfer, debit card and e-wallet.
Tips for claiming a first deposit bonus
If you are set on claiming an offer from a first deposit bonus casino then the good news is that you’re spoilt for choice. As you can see with our top 10 list, casinos are willing to be extremely generous when it comes to new players. However, not every offer – as enticing as it is – will necessarily be the right fit for you.
These are some things that you should consider before settling on a casino:
- The whole package: Looking purely at the headline offer of a deposit match and free spins is not the best idea as you can miss out on the smaller details, such as whether your favourite type of game is available or if there is a dedicated mobile app.
- Location: Some casinos do not operate in certain countries due to not having the required licensing. It is best to ensure that your country of residence is accepted to avoid any issues down the line.
- Reload bonuses: These effectively reward your loyalty and are found at most of the casinos on our list. As well as a first deposit bonus, you can expect extra funds when making a second deposit and beyond.
- Our review: Every NetEnt casino that we list has an in-depth review that will outline all the details. As well as the first deposit bonus that is offered, we also have details on the game selection, customer support and licensing.
How to get a first deposit bonus
So far we have outlined the virtues of a good first deposit bonus, so it only seems right to give you a step-by-step guide on how to actually claim one.
1. Take your pick: There are 10 of the finest welcome bonuses listed on this page but there are hundreds of others available. Take into account all aspects of a casino before committing your cash to it. If you have time on your hands you could even try multiple by making small deposits each time. If you want to play without making any payment then no deposit bonuses exist.
2. Register: Once you have settled on the right casino, you need to register at the website. Follow the link on our page and be prepared to enter a few basic details. Generally, you will need to confirm your age and address, so have some documents to hand to help with this.
3. Deposit: This part is also extremely straightforward. Simply take your payment method of choice (e-wallets are popular and generally the fastest for deposits and withdrawals) and make your payment, following the instructions on-screen. Your account balance will display your payment as well as the casino bonus.
4. Play: Having successfully organised a first deposit bonus, you are now all set to play your favourite games and the whole process should take a matter of minutes. Any free spins can be used on slots.
Our best first deposit bonus casinos
The 10 best first deposit bonus casinos that we have listed on this page will each give you a great experience long after you claim the initial offer. We considered several different factors before settling on the shortlist of 10; this included the bonus itself, and how generous it is, the range of games that are available and the licenses that are held to ensure your security.
With that in mind, these are the two first deposit bonuses that really stand out from the crowd.
If you are looking for a great place to play your favourite casino games – including NetEnt’s full catalogue – then you cannot do much better than King Billy. Additionally, new registrations are able to double up their first deposits up to €500 and get 200 free spins at the same time. This deal is exclusive to NetEnt Casino so you need to follow the link below if you want to claim it.
Sticky Wilds is a pretty new name on the market and the casino has made quite an impression already. The first deposit bonus is a little bit different and may appeal to you if you simply want to try out the website without spending a lot of money. New players can get a €25 risk-free first deposit, which will be returned as cash if you don’t double it up.
Which games can you play with your bonus?
You will usually have a plethora of games to choose from when playing at a first deposit bonus casino. If you have availed of a deposit match or boost then you can expect to be able to use your funds on any games that the casino has, whether that is table games or live dealer titles. When it comes to wagering requirements, though, different games may have different restrictions on how much they contribute, so do check the terms and conditions first. Any turnover requirements are unlikely to be hugely prohibitive when compared to a no deposit deal.
For free spins, you are likely to have to play on certain titles. It is commonly the case that the spins are tied to a specific game; in the case of NetEnt, Gonzo’s Quest or another popular game is offered and this will be made clear upon registration. Regardless, it is a fantastic way to try out a game and you, of course, have the possibility of walking away with some winnings.
The terms and conditions will also outline any possible limitations, such as the maximum win which may be capped to a certain amount. When it comes to withdrawing and payment methods generally, be sure to read up on what is allowed in your country of residence. For example, in the UK credit card transactions are banned, so you would have to choose another way to deposit and withdraw.