First Footage: NetEnt’s EmojiPlanet
Published on by Adam
On 23rd August, NetEnt drops its emoticon-themed slot EmojiPlanet. It was just a matter of time until we saw the world of online slots collide with that of emojis. And now NetEnt is making it happen. Now, if you’re already buzzing with anticipation to get a fix of this one, here’s some news to bring a smiley to your face: we’ve got hold of the 1st footage!
EmojiPlanet at a Glance
EmojiPlanet shoots you off into a pop art world full of colourful and quirky things like dancing she-devil twins, unicorns with eyes that light up into hearts and more, and the weather is always bright with sunshine and rainbows with a dash of clouds. At the same time, it all feels so familiar. The screen and animations make it look like you simply have a chat session going on on your mobile phone. And all you can use to communicate are emojis.
You’ll see all the emoticons you probably use on a daily basis already. You’ve got a kiss mark, a rocket, an exploding bomb, a pizza slice, 2 hearts, a rocket, an alien face, a LOL face. Hey! There’s a smiling turd too! Symbols fall from the top onto a 6-reels by 5-rows screen and as winning combinations are formed, they pop, making way for more symbols to fall. The game is an Avalanche™ type slot that uses NetEnt’s Cluster Pays™ technology. So, you can be sure to see quite a few wins.
If a picture can say 100 words, Emojis in EmojiPlanet can win you 1,000,000 coins! Yes, that’s the maximum pay-out you can scoop up in one go. There’s no information about adjustable bet levels or coin values so far though. However, we’ve got half an idea about the special features.
Besides the regular wild symbol represented by a Star Wild, there are 5 other symbols that can trigger special features. There’s also a Broken Heart Symbol that functions as a sticky wild. All of these take place in the base game. Each special feature symbols (besides both wilds) has its own meter on the left-hand side of the screen. Collecting enough of the same symbol will fill up the meter and launch the special feature. Here’s the list:
- Star Wild – replaces all other symbols for bigger winning combinations
- Heart Sticky Wild – Appears when the Kiss Mark Feature is triggered. A red heart appears on the screen and acts as a wild. Then, it breaks and any winnings formed are paid out. Then, half of it vanishes and the other half sticks in place, giving out more wins if there are any. So basically, it’s a sticky wild that stays in place for 3 rounds.
- Bomb – Fill the bomb meter by collecting enough Bomb Symbols. This will make a number of Bomb Symbols appear randomly on the reels before exploding to form wins with other bombs close by.
- Pizza – Fill the pizza meter by collecting enough Pizza Symbols. A whole pizza pie covering 3×3 symbols will appear and split up into slices. The symbols will be replaced by LOL Smiley Symbols and pay out as a winning.
- Kiss mark – Filling the kiss mark meter will make 3 Kiss Mark Symbols appear vertically on a reel. These will transform into the Heart Sticky Wild, which will stick in place for 3 rounds.
- Rocket – Filling the rocket meter will make a rocket shoot up through a reel and a few wilds will fall into place on that same reel. Any wins formed will be paid out.
- 2 Hearts – Triggering the 2-Hearts Feature by filling its meter will give you a x2 multiplier to double your wins.
Take Off for EmojiPlanet
EmojiPlanet’s first footage has certainly whetted our appetite for some emoji action. It simply looks like NetEnt have worked out yet another formula combining attractive visuals and fun game mechanics to ramp up the fun. We simply can’t wait. And as the launching date draws nearer, we’ll also be on the lookout for free spins offers by NetEnt Casinos. So, stay tuned for more!