First Footage of NetEnt’s Scruffy Duck Slot
Published on by Adam
Back in February, we released an article plotting NetEnt’s game release road map for the 2nd quarter of 2017. One of the titles listed that instantly ruffled our feathers was Scruffy Duck. We’ve been sitting on the edge of our seats, waiting to see if this witty twist on the childhood classic story would take flight. Now that we’ve got our hands on the first footage and finally know how the game is going to play, we are not ashamed to say that it looks to surpass our expectations. We surely have a lot to be stoked about come 11th May when the lands at most major casinos. Dive in with us as we take a closer look!
Scruffy Duck’s No Ugly Duckling at All!
When we look at three of NetEnt’s latest releases – Divine Fortune, with its elegant, Classic Greek style, Wild Wild West: The Great Train Heist, with a gritty and dark comic feel, and Jungle Spirit: Call of the Wild that brings out its visceral and primeval, it’s clear NetEnt have taken quite a turn in different direction with Scruffy Duck.
This brightly-tinted game with 5 reels, 3 rows, and 25 bet lines blends together cute and cool attitude. The reels don cute and snazzy duck character as well as hatched eggs containing letters with a lake in the background. The lake is a world in itself and the main character – the scruffy duck sticks out like a sore thumb for the wrong reasons; he simply is not as stylish as his peers. As you play through the game, you will help the scruffy little duck find the different special features to unlock great wins and help him grow into a beautiful swan.
Learning to Take Flight with Main Game Features
Again, Scruffy Duck sports a 5-reel, 3-row, 25-bet line interface. The payout percentage is 96.38% with a default maximum win of €4000 per bet line. The keypad’s buttons allow the player to increase/decrease the bet level, the coin value, to spin the reels or set it to ‘Autoplay’, and to play at ‘Max Bet’ level.
Coin value can be set from €0.01 to €1, while the default betting amounts can be set between 0.25 and 250.
Wild Ducks and Special Feathers
- Stacked Symbols – duck symbols appear as stacked symbols, both in the main game and in free spins mode. These will either appear fully or partially on the screen, and any part of it that falls within a bet line pays out according to the pay table.
- Expanding Wild – An expanding wild takes over the entire reel (except for the free spins symbol) as the duck grows into a gorgeous swan. This also comes into play both during the main game and the Free Spins mode. They can appear on any reel with one exception – when a Colossal Wild appears. Then, Expanding Wilds can only appear on the 1st and 5th
- Free Spins – Free Spins is activated by landing 3 free spins anywhere on the 3rd, 4th, and/or 5th Free spins can activate any of 5 special features. Here, the scene changes as 5 ducks dive headfirst into the water, and each one pulls out a special feature. The special features are Multiplier feature (15 free spins), Symbol Removal feature (12 free spins), Colossal Wild (10 free spins), Random Wilds (8 free spins), and Double feature (6 free spins). Here they are upon closer look:
- Multiplier feature – wins are multiplied x3
- Symbol Removal feature – no low win symbols on the reels
- The Colossal Wild – the Colossal Wild substitutes for all symbols on reels 2, 3, and 4. It can either be 2×2 or 3×3 in size, and depending on where it stops, it will be fully or only partially visible. When it lands as part of a winning combination, it will split up into anywhere between 2 to 9 single Wilds. Any winnings accrued when part of a Colossal Wild lands on a bet line will be paid as the highest possible winning combination according to the pay table.
- Random Wilds – Here, 2 to 5 Random Wilds can land on the reels on every spin and they substitute for any symbol except for Free Spins symbols. The only time a Random Wild can overlay an Expanding Wild is when the latter is not part of a winning bet line. However, they do not land on top of Colossal Wilds and they don’t expand. Random Wilds substitutions pay the highest possible winning combinations.
- Double feature – Any of the two mentioned above can appear at the same time and they are chosen randomly.
Scruffy Duck Coming to You Soon!
As the launching date is set for 11th May, the wait is almost over. We’re still curious to see which casinos are going to give away some great promo packages to celebrate the arrival of Scruffy Duck. It’s still too early to say. Oh and we’ll be keeping an eye out to see if any casinos will be grabbing hold of NetEnt’s game for a period of exclusive play at their site. So, we suggest you do the same! And make sure you stay tuned as we’ll be releasing more information as it falls into our lap!