The vice versa charm of ‘any which way you win’ NetEnt video slots
Published on by Adam
When video slot Sparks was released last July, there was more than ever reason for sheer ‘joy’. Because Sparks video slot has an exciting special game feature only a select group of NetEnt video slots have, of which below an ‘informative’ overview.
Virtually all NetEnt video slots have ‘other symbols substituting’ Wilds, most slots have Free Spins and some NetEnt video slots have an extra bonus game (and some have all of these features and more…). Only a few video slots as designed, developed, produced and distributed by NetEnt however are equipped with the exciting ‘Win Both Ways’ special game feature.
What’s the ‘Win Both Ways’ feature?
‘Win Both Ways’ (sometimes also dubbed as ‘Both Ways Wins’) simply means winning bet lines or winning combinations are not only formed by identical symbols on adjacent reels from the utmost left to the right after a spin (a typical ‘Win One Way’ situation), but also from the utmost right to the left (and of course again on adjacent reels).
The ‘Win One Way’ mode can be considered as the ‘classic’ way to ‘read’ the outcome of a spin, as this was the way in which in the late 1900’s the very first mechanical slot machine (called ‘The Liberty Bell’) invented by the American Charles Fey was designed.
If however the illustrious predecessor of the modern online video slots would have been conceived by an Arabic speaking inventor or by an equal ‘genius’ in engineering from China, then there’s a good chance winning combinations originally were formed respectively ‘from the right to the left’ and ‘from the right to left and vertically from top to bottom, starting in the right hand side upper corner of the play screen’ (as of course Arabic and Chinese speaking people read written language in that way).
Anywise, ‘what it is, it is’ and luckily some of the most thrilling (and popular) NetEnt video slots offer the opportunity for us as players to ‘have it both ways’ and ‘having it coming from both sides’…
NetEnt video slots with the Win Both Ways feature
The NetEnt video slots that are equipped with the Win Both Ways feature can be divided in two sub-categories, being slots with ‘Fixed’ Win Both Ways and slots with ‘Optional’ Win Both Ways (which of course means the specific slot can only be played with the Win Both Ways feature activated, or the player can choose to either play in the ‘Win One Way’ mode or with Win Both Ways).
The following NetEnt video slots feature Win Both Ways (and more):
- Video slot Fisticuffs: with fixed Win Both Ways and Stacked Wilds possibly appearing on the 5-th reel during re-spins by which the Win both Ways feature can become extra profitable;
- Video slot Lucky Angler: also with Win Both Ways activated by default and a Free Spins mode with Sticky Wilds;
- Video slot The Invisible Man: with fixed Win Both Ways and even so-called ‘Walking Griffin Wilds’ that also move ‘from the right to the left’ (and v.v.) over the reels during re-spins;
- Video slot Wonky Wabbits: played with Win Both Ways standard activated and with Duplicating Wilds;
- Video slot Wild Rockets: with Both Ways Wins fixed and no less than 720 ‘Win Ways’, (expanding) Rocket Wilds, Scatters and a Free Spins mode;
- Video slot Starburst: the most popular NetEnt video slot game of all times with a ‘fixed’ Win Both Ways feature besides its amazing (expanding and sticky) Starburst Wilds with re-spins;
- Video slot Dragon Island: can be played with its Win Both Ways feature activated or deactivated, has Scatters that activate Free Spins and a (multiplying) Golden Wild symbol.
Win Any which Way You Want with NetEnt!
Video slot Sparks (after video slot Dragon Island) appeared to be only the second NetEnt video slot with an ‘optional’ Win Both Ways feature… How rare this ‘extra’ special game characteristic in NetEnt video slots however might be, we can always be sure about any which new NetEnt video slot… there’ll always be a completely new way to win!