About Apple Pay
Apply Pay is a mobile payment method that allows players using iOS-powered devices to perform instant deposits with ease. First introduced in 2014, it introduced a secure payment service via any modern iPhone, iPad or a Mac computer. This enabled users to purchase goods whilst out and about, on the App Store or anywhere online via a few taps of the respective screen.
It wasn’t long before many online casinos recognised the benefits of this particular payment service and soon the banking option was made available to players. In a few short years, the number of Apple Pay casinos greatly increased and players can now enjoy swift transactions, touch ID protection and no fees at many of the best NetEnt online casinos on the market.
Our Apple Pay Casinos guide showcases all of the pros and cons of this instant deposit method, whilst also highlighting all of the best sites that offer generous casino bonuses and rewards. So, if you’re looking to play your favourite casino games on mobile, or simply utilise this payment method via desktop computer make sure to read on.
Online Casinos That Accept Apple Pay
Due to how many online casinos there are now operating worldwide you can typically afford to be selective as to where you play. There are thousands of sites that each offer a comprehensive iGaming experience, so regardless of your casino game preferences there should be several that are the perfect fit for you.
The thing is, your decision as to where you should play is no longer solely a matter of casino game selection. There are so many sites that offer an enormous range of online slots, table games and live casino titles that it’s worth considering other factors before signing up. Another major reason players choose certain casinos is because of the generous casino bonuses on offer but it’s also extremely important to bear in mind which payment methods are available for deposits and withdrawals.
As eCommerce technologies have advanced, more and more non-traditional payment options have launched. Now, instead of having to rely on debit and credit card payments, players have greater choice. The rise of eWallets and instant bank transfers has caused many alternative solutions to become a feasible option for the online gambler. This isn’t only because of the increased transaction speed but also the improvements in the security measures in place – both of which you can enjoy when choosing to play at an Apple Pay online casino.
Paying With Apple Pay In An Online Casino
If you’re looking to make a deposit at an online casino that accepts Apple Pay, you’ll be glad to hear that it’s a quick and simple process. Like any modern payment method, Apple Pay offers you a straightforward route to playing your favourite games. All you need to do is follow the usual deposit procedure, select the Apple Pay payment option and your account will be funded instantly. For more detailed instructions, take a look at our step-by-step Apple Pay deposit guide below.
- Step 1: Choose an online casino that accepts Apple Pay deposits. You can either do this by checking the banking options available at your online casino or select any of the sites listed throughout this page.
- Step 2: As a new player, you’ll need to register an account at your Apple Pay casino. Do so by locating the registration button, which is typically found near the top of the main lobby, and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Step 3: To initiate the deposit process navigate to the cashier section. Select Apple Pay as your payment method, enter the amount you wish to deposit and submit your request.
- Step 4: You’ll then need to authenticate your transaction. Your Apple Pay Wallet will appear on the screen and you’ll need to use your Touch ID to verify the payment.
- Step 5: Once you pass the security measures the payment will be instantly processed and the funds will appear in your online casino account balance.
- Step 6: You can now choose from any of the available casino games and start playing for real money.
Withdrawing With Apple Pay in An Online Casino
Once you’ve decided to end your iGaming session you may be looking to cash out any winnings. More often than not you can utilise the same payment method that you initially used to deposit funds. However, this isn’t the case with Apple Pay.
Unfortunately, Apple Pay is not currently supported as a withdrawal method. Instead, you will need to use an alternative payment method if you wish to withdraw any winnings. This is evidently a drawback for players using this payment service but there will likely be many other withdrawal options available at your online casino. Simply select an available method that you have access to, enter the amount you wish to withdraw and submit your request. It may take a little longer before the funds reach your account but we can assure you that all of the payment methods available at our recommended casinos are safe and secure.
Advantages Of Using Apple Pay
You may have had an Apple device for some time now but are still unaware of the respective benefits of using it as a payment method when gambling online. Of course, there are reasons players utilise each of the different banking solutions, yet Apple Pay has a few distinct advantages over its competitors. These are as follows:
- No reason to share personal and financial information: A good number of casino players are reluctant to share their banking information with gambling operators due to potential security flaws. Although we can assure you that any site we recommend is trustworthy, it never hurts to have additional security measures in place. When you use Apple Pay you’ll never need to enter any of your banking details, you only ever need to authenticate the transaction via your Apple device. Thus, no sensitive information is ever revealed to online casino operators.
- Touch ID protection: Improvements in technology have been greatly beneficial to the online payment method market and Apple Pay’s Touch ID is a prime example. Online casinos that accept Apple Pay function with Touch ID, meaning when you submit a deposit request there’s an additional layer of security in place. To confirm the transaction you must provide either your fingerprint or your face ID via your Apple device. So, even if your Apple Wallet is somehow compromised, no transactions can be performed without your personal Touch ID.
- Instant deposits: Nowadays, we’re a society that wants things done immediately and the same is true when gambling online. Apple Pay allows you to fund your account balance instantly – there’s no need to wait for your deposit to be processed. Therefore, as soon as you have the desire to play your favourite casino games you can do so when using this payment service.
- No fees: There are several casino payment options that come with processing fees, which tack on extra charges when performing a deposit or withdrawal. Thankfully, Apple Pay does not. Only the amount you wish to deposit is deducted from your Apple Wallet. Your service provider, i.e Apple, may apply certain fees when funding your Apple Pay account, however, similar services also carry these charges so it’s not unexpected.
- Card & bank compatibility: Apple Pay works in conjunction with all major debit and credit cards in addition to the long list of banks supported worldwide. This means there are multiple ways you can initially fund your Apple Wallet including Visa, Mastercard and Maestro as well as the popular US methods of American Express and Discover cards.
Disadvantages Of Using Apple Pay
It probably goes without saying but no payment method is perfect. Even the most well-established services have their drawbacks, which can become an issue when gambling online. Thus, as it’s our intention to provide a comprehensive Apple Pay review, it’s only fair that we also highlight the potential disadvantages of using Apple Pay at an online casino.
- No withdrawals: The biggest drawback you’re going to face when using Apple Pay to gamble online is that the method cannot be used to withdraw funds. If you’re looking to cash out, you’ll have to make use of a different payment method, which is somewhat of an inconvenience.
- Device-specific: Unfortunately, Apple Pay isn’t a service that everyone can use. As it is only supported on Apple devices, such as iPhones, iPads and Mac computers, those of you who have other market-leading devices cannot utilise the payment service.
- Online casino selection: Although the number of Apple Pay casinos are on the rise, your selection is still limited when compared to sites that accept the more well-established payment methods. Therefore, you may not be able to reap the bonuses and loyalty rewards that are on offer at certain sites.
Where To Pay With Apple Pay
Although Apple Pay isn’t yet as popular as other leading payment methods, there are still plenty of online casinos that support it as a deposit method. Instead of spending your time searching the depths of the internet to find the right site, our experts have compiled a list of your best options throughout this page.
Of course, the reason for each recommendation isn’t solely because these sites accept Apple Pay. Whilst that’s obviously important, all of the casinos highlighted have been thoroughly reviewed and vetted to ensure they provide a fun, safe and secure platform for online gambling. Also, if you’d like to check our casino reviews of these particular Apple Pay sites you can do so by clicking the respective links below above. There you’ll find all of the information you’ll need to make an informed decision as to where to play.
Apple Pay Bonuses
Online casino bonuses are a great way to enhance your time spent playing at a site. These enable you to boost your overall bankroll and give you even more chances to play and win. Offers such as welcome bonuses, reload bonuses and no deposit offers can be commonly found at most online casinos so there are plenty to choose from.
However, something you should note is that not all payment methods, including Apple Pay, are eligible for use when claiming a bonus. Therefore, it’s always important to carefully read the bonus terms and conditions of your chosen offer beforehand. This way you’ll avoid any potential disappointment if payment methods such as Apple Pay do not qualify.
Apple Pay Fees
As we mentioned in our Apple Pay advantages section, a huge benefit to playing at Apple Pay online casinos is that there are no fees. Therefore, you won’t have to worry about the associated costs of processing fees when making a deposit. Instead, any fees that may be incurred are charged directly to the operators.
However, it’s worth pointing out that there could be fees when topping up your Apple Pay account. Although none are charged when you use a debit card, credit card top-ups incur a 3% transaction fee.