What is EntroPay?
EntroPay is a virtual debit card that uses the Visa network for online payments. As a matter of fact, the service presents its payment method as “Virtual Visa” and, although an independent entity, can almost be considered as a subsidiary of the renowned credit card company.
The service EntroPay is owned by Ixaris Systems Ltd., a London, England based company and as such is licensed by the UK Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and thus subject to the FCA’s strict rules and regulations regarding provision of payment services. Ixaris Systems also has an office on Malta.
What EntroPay does is basically providing Virtual Visa cards, issued by the Anglo-Maltese Bank of Valleta, with which online payments can be effectuated and purchases can be made anywhere on the internet where Visa is accepted. This means holders of an EntroPay Virtual Visa card can make payments at millions of web-shops and online merchants (under which also online casinos) as EntroPay uses the Visa (credit card) network.
However, the EntroPay Virtual Visa is not a credit card but a (pre-paid) debit card that has to be funded by another source that can be another debit / credit card or a conventional bank account. The essential difference with a normal Visa therefore is that owners of the EntroPay Virtual Visa only can spend the amount that has been uploaded on the card and no debts are made, as is the case with a normal credit card.
As the EntroPay Virtual Visa is a pre-paid debit card that has to be uploaded with money before online payments can be made there are no restrictions such as credit-worthiness (by a credit-check) to issue the card: anyone can register at the EntroPay website and immediately obtain the Virtual Visa.
Another resulting property for the Virtual Visa being a debit card is that payments made with Virtual Visa are instantaneous, as is the procedure to fund the card with money.
EntroPay offers Virtual Visa card holders the possibility to obtain a physical “plastic” debit MasterCard that can be used to make payments in normal stores where MasterCard is accepted and even to get money from ATMs all around the world.
Virtual Visa features a Digital Currency Converter that allows users to instantly convert money into 14 different currencies.
Lastly, payments made with the EntroPay Virtual Visa are completely safe as the EntroPay user account (accessible from any PC or mobile device all around the world), log in and transaction details are 128 bits encrypted.
Paying with EntroPay in an Online Casino
Depositing money on an online casino account with EntroPay Virtual Visa works exactly the same as with a normal credit card.
On the payment page of the casino opt for EntroPay. Subsequently a form will appear on which the amount to deposit has to be filled in, the name of the card holder, the Virtual Visa card number, the card’s validity date and the 3 digit CVC / CVV-code. After confirming the details of the transaction the deposited amount will be immediately available on the casino account.
Withdrawing with EntroPay in an Online Casino
Just as easy as it is to make a deposit with the EntroPay Virtual Visa, just as easy it is to make a withdrawal from the casino account. Visit the cash out page in the casino, choose EntroPay as the withdrawal method, fill in the amount to withdraw and all other information required and your money will be credited back to your EntroPay account.
Advantages of Using EntroPay
- One of the advantages of using EntroPay Virtual Visa is that it allows players to instantly, anonymously, and safely deposit money on their casino accounts in the commonly used currencies USD, EUR and GBP.
- Another advantage is that the EntroPay Virtual Visa is a debit card and therefore the risk of spending too much (and creating debts) is lesser than when using a credit card to make casino account deposits.
- Lastly, an EntroPay Virtual Visa is very easy to obtain: just enter the EntroPay website, create an account and the Virtual Visa will be issued immediately.
Disadvantages of Using EntroPay
- The biggest disadvantage of using EntroPay is that, although casino deposits are (normally) free of charge, a fee of 4,95% is calculated to load the Virtual Visa with funds by a debit or credit card and a fee of 3,95% when the EntroPay account is funded by a personal bank account.
- Also for withdrawals (funding by third parties, in this case the casino) a percentage of 1,95% is calculated.
Where to Pay with EntroPay?
Depositing and cashing out using EntroPay is supported by many NetEnt Casinos. Look on this page in which NetEnt Casinos using EntroPay is allowed.