What is Neosurf?
Neosurf originally was (and still is) a pre-paid card that allows customers to pay for purchased goods and services on the internet. Although the Neosurf website only is available in the French language anybody can use their system. However, due to this and some other characteristics of the system (see below) it’s likely only customers residing in one of the above-mentioned countries will use Neosurf as an online payment option.
As a pre-paid card system Neosurf cards or tickets need to be purchased at retailers such as tobacconists, newsagents, gas stations, groceries, supermarkets etc. (a list of all Neosurf pre-paid card points of sale can be found on the Neosurf website).
The card, available in the values of € 10, € 15, € 20, € 50 and € 100, is bought with cash money. On the back of the card, a 10-digit PIN code needs to be scratched open. This code subsequently is used to validate online payments made with the card.
It’s possible to only partly use an amount available on the Neosurf card. The remaining value of purchased (and partly used) cards can be checked on the Neosurf website and be used for some other online payment.
The above means the following properties can be attributed to the Neosurf system and the payments made with it:
- There’s no need to register to the service or provide any personal (financial) information when purchasing the card (completely anonymous);
- The purchased card (and its 10-digit code) can be used immediately to make online payments;
- Payments made with the Neosurf card are immediately credited to the account of the receiving party (instantly) and immediately deducted from the card’s value.
Other optional features provided by Neosurf are:
- NeoCash MasterCard: a pre-paid (plastic) MasterCard issued by Neosurf that allows customers to also use the worldwide MasterCard payment service in millions of offline and online stores. The NeoCash pre-paid MasterCard can be uploaded with funds by bank transfer, credit card or with cash (by purchasing a Neosurf card)
- MyNeosurf: an application that allows customers to buy Neosurf cards online and to pay for them by credit card, bank transfer or check.
Note: for these two services a customer needs to register at the NeoCash and MyNeosurf website and provide the service (logically) with some personal information.
Although for most of the features Neosurf offers no fees are charged (especially when the ‘classic’ Neosurf pre-paid card is used) for some other options the customer needs to pay a commission.
Paying with Neosurf in an Online Casino
After having purchased a Neosurf pre-paid card simply opt for Neosurf as the desired payment option on the cashier page of an online casino. A pop-up window will appear asking to fill in the amount to deposit and the 10-digit Neosurf validation code. By subsequently clicking ‘confirm’ (or ‘validate’) the money will be immediately transferred to the casino account and is ready to play with.
With a NeoCash MasterCard, a deposit on an online casino account can also be made by choosing ‘Credit Cards’ as the preferred depositing method after which the instructions need to be followed to complete the payment.
Normally online casinos don’t charge any additional fees for using Neosurf as payment option.
Can Players Use NeoCash Credit Cards At UK-Licensed Online Casinos?
As of April 2020, The United Kingdom Gambling Commission banned all UK-licensed online casinos from accepting credit cards as a payment method. This means all credit cards, including those utilised by this service, can’t be used to deposit or withdraw at any casino with a UK license. The use of debit cards is completely unaffected by this ban.
Withdrawing with Neosurf in an online casino
At this moment of writing it’s not possible to withdraw funds from online casino accounts using the Neosurf system.
Advantages of Using Neosurf
The clear advantages of using Neosurf in online casinos are:
- No registration to the service needed and no need to provide personal data (neither to Neosurf and nor to the recipient of the payment when making a deposit)
- Payments made with Neosurf are safe as all transactions are 128-bits encrypted
- The Neosurf payments (after finishing the payment procedure) will arrive instantly on the casino account
- Possibility to pay with cash for online (electronic) payments
- Possibility to obtain the NeoCash MasterCard which hugely increases the possibilities for usage of Neosurf;
- The system can be an ideal tool to control expenses in online casinos as the value of a Neosurf card can be used only once.
Disadvantages of Using Neosurf
The disadvantages of Neosurf as an online casino payment method are:
- The system is only available in 13 countries;
- One needs to go out physically to a Neosurf selling point nearby to obtain the card (if the use of MyNeosurf and registration for this service is undesired);
- It’s not possible to make withdrawals from the casino account using Neosurf;
- Neosurf asks fees for some of its services.
Where to Pay with Neosurf?
Neosurf can be a perfect online payment solution for francophone online casino players that don’t want to leave any traces behind in the form of personal or financial data when making a deposit on the casino account. In the list on this page, you can find out which NetEnt Casinos accept Neosurf payments.