Online Casinos with Pay by Phone and SMS Payments
In a world where privacy and security are paramount, Pay by Phone services ensure that you never need to hand over any sensitive information when adding funds to your casino account. While you will still need to provide the casino with your personal information in order to open an account, by utilising a service such as Payforit you can simply input your mobile number, enter the code sent to your phone, and the deposit will be added to your next bill.
What’s great is that you can utilise the service even if you use a pre-paid mobile phone and buy a top-up. Rather than the casino deposit being added to your bill, it is instead subtracted from your remaining mobile phone balance. As long as you have a mobile phone, this is a casino payment method available to you.
Paying by phone bill or utilising SMS billing is also a doddle. Regularly forget your credit card and hate remembering passwords for e-wallets? There are no passwords to remember and no wallet to carry with pay by phone services.
About Pay by Phone Bill and SMS
When you’re picking a new casino to spend your hard-earned cash, there are a number of factors most players consider before signing up. There are the more obvious ones – such as those with the best welcome bonus, free spins offers and games selections – but it is often those who delve a little deeper who end up being the most satisfied. Safety and reliability is paramount and payment methods that let you deposit and withdraw have to be considered too. Are the options available secure? How long does it take to deposit? The casinos who let players deposit via their phones have clearly thought of both those points.
There is a whole range of other reasons why you might choose to get your casino fees on your phone bill. Many players, for example, don’t like the idea of running up a credit card bill for various reasons. E-Wallet solutions are undoubtedly easy – Skrill and Neteller are two of the most popular options – but you will need to ensure that they are loaded with funds to begin with. Also, casinos often don’t offer welcome bonuses to players who use E-wallets!
For many people, casinos that offer a pay by phone bill service provide the perfect happy medium.
How Does Paying By Mobile Phone Bill Work?
Various online casinos now allow you to deposit with phone bill payments. Also known as mobile billing, or carrier billing, this enables you to top up your casino account by using either prepaid mobile funds or by adding extra charges on top of your monthly payment.
Although this payment method isn’t as popular as other leading solutions, there are now several services and phone networks that provide this option. Therefore, if you’re looking to play at a pay by mobile casino all you’ll need to do is follow the step-by-step guide we’ve provided below and you should be playing your favourite casino games in no time whatsoever.
- Step 1: Go to your chosen casino and navigate to the payments page – this is usually located in the banking section or under the ‘My Account’ subheading.
- Step 2: Select a Pay By Phone deposit method, such as Payforit, Boku, or any others that are available.
- Step 3: Enter the amount you wish to deposit and provide your phone number.
- Step 4: A confirmation code will be sent to your phone via SMS. You will need to enter this at the casino to verify your deposit.
- Step 5: You will then receive another SMS confirming your funds have been successfully deposited.
- Step 6: Your funds will be added to your online casino account and the charges will apply to your next phone bill.
Paying With Phone Credit
If you don’t have an existing phone contract, there’s an alternative method that you can use via your mobile – you can pay with phone credit. Any funds you deposit using this method are taken from your current phone credit balance and transferred to your online casino account.
As such, you can never deposit more money than is currently in your phone credit making this a great option if you’re looking to maintain tight control over your spending. If you wish to continue after playing through your deposit you can simply top up your phone and go through the process again.
Paying by Phone At An Online Casino
Paying by your phone bill couldn’t be simpler. Using a service like Payforit, players can make a deposit on by selecting ‘Payforit’ as a payment method, checking the merchant details and the amount to be deposited, before then clicking ‘buy now’. The way you connect to the internet on your device will govern whether you have to complete a 1-step or 3-step payment process.
You can do this when gaming on a desktop or laptop computer, and also when you’re looking for a mobile casino to deposit by phone bill!
Once you authorise the payment, the request will be sent to your mobile network operator and the charge will either be deducted from your existing balance, or added to your bill.
Paying By SMS At An Online Casino
SMS billing is another way players can pay by their phones. The process is much the same as the above but with one subtle difference – rather than using the 1-step or 3-step process, you instead register your phone number at your chosen online casino before sending an SMS detailing your deposit.
You will usually receive an SMS by return advising that the transaction has been successful, then away you go!
If you have enough credit on your pre-pay phone, it will simply be deducted from the balance. Otherwise, you can expect to see the deposit appearing on your mobile phone bill.
How to Fund Casino Accounts Using Your Mobile Phone Bill
Unless you’re proud, but the ever-so-slightly outdated owner, of a Nokia 3310 that’s otherwise known as ‘the brick’, then paying into your casino account will be very simple. Just visit one of the selected casinos above that give you the option to pay via phone and sign up.
From there, visit the deposit or cashier pages and select a pay by phone bill option – such as Payforit, select the amount of money you would like to deposit into your player account, then click to continue. During this step, you’ll usually be transferred to Payforit directly and then you have the option to input your mobile phone details.
As with any other deposit, once confirmed, the cleared funds will show in your player account and you can begin playing. All you have to do is remember to pay your phone bill at the end of the month!
Pay By Mobile Phone Options For UK Players
UK players may generally be more accustomed to using debit card payments when gambling online, but there are options for those who don’t have access to these payment methods. At a UK pay by mobile phone bill casino, you can make use of various payment methods to fund your online session. These are available on multiple mobile brands and networks and there’s even a specific mobile payment method tailored towards iOS devices. Below, you’ll find a number of the best options if you’re looking to deposit via your mobile device.
Boku: This is the leading mobile payment service for online casinos in the UK. In addition, it also operates in several other countries around the world. Depositing with Boku is easy. All you have to do is select it as a payment option, enter your mobile number and decide how much to deposit. Additionally, if you’ve previously used Boku at a Pay By Phone casino your number will be saved, meaning payments are much more swift.
Payforit: There are many UK casinos that support Payforit. With this particular payment method, you can add funds to your phone bill deposit casino account when using any of the major UK networks, including Vodafone, Virgin, EE, O2, and Three. However, you will need to have a contract with one of these companies in order to deposit funds as the payment will be tacked on to your monthly bill.
Apple Pay: This is specifically for users who own iOS devices such as iPhones, iPads, and Apple Watches. Apple Pay acts as a scannable digital wallet, pulling your data from the app to make instant and secure deposits. Additionally, it has the added benefit of enabling you to not only deposit funds, but also withdraw any winnings you may receive.
Advantages Of Paying By Phone
As an online casino player gambling with real money, you’ll want to find a payment method that suits your needs. First and foremost it must be trustworthy, but it must also enable you to perform transactions with ease. Thankfully, Paying by Phone has certain advantages over competing payment solutions as described below.
- Security: When you make a deposit at a pay by phone casino, the only information that will be required is your phone number. This removes the need for any of your card and banking information to be submitted, meaning the site doesn’t have access to your details. This adds an additional layer of security to your transactions as you’re at less risk of a personal data breach from untrustworthy sites, or via any harmful malware that may be lurking on your device. Furthermore, the fact that pay by phone casinos often utilise two-factor authentication to verify your transaction means that even if someone has access to your phone number you can void the payment.
- Instant access to your favourite casino games: Mobile payment services allow you to quickly deposit funds to your mobile casino account without having to register a payment method. This means instead of constantly filling out the same information each time you deposit, you can instantly transfer money with one-tap payments.
- Spending control: Due to the nature of this payment method, there are certain limits applied to how much you can deposit within a specific time frame. Pay by phone bill payments are usually capped at somewhere in the region of €30 per day, or currency equivalent, which helps you to keep a close eye on how much you’re spending at an online casino. Equally, deposits made by phone credit are limited by how much money you currently have available, meaning you can never exceed your balance.
Disadvantages Of Paying By Phone
There are, of course, downsides to paying by phone at an online casino. They may not necessarily put you off using the payment method but, to be thorough, we feel as though we must highlight them. The potential disadvantages are as follows:
- No withdrawals: What is unquestionably the biggest disadvantage of paying by phone is that it’s a one-way payment service. You can easily deposit funds to your casino account, but you cannot use the same method to withdraw any funds. If you manage to land a big win you’ll need to use an alternative banking option to cash out – Apple Pay is an exception to this rule.
- Low limits: This is perhaps advantageous for those of you who play at conservative stakes, but players who prefer to play with much larger bankrolls won’t be able to do so when paying by phone. Pay by phone bill payments are usually capped at €30 per day, which is also limited to €10 per transaction.
- Not universally accepted: Although many of the most recognisable mobile networks offer this payment service, not all of the smaller ones do. Essentially, you’re restricted by which phone network currently supplies your contract. Also not every online casino accepts pay by phone deposits. Nevertheless, if you play at one of the sites listed on this page you shouldn’t run into any difficulties.
Pay By Mobile Slots
Online slots have always managed to capture the imagination of many players. Their innovative features and high potential payouts are amongst a number of reasons they’re so popular. As technology has advanced to a level where they can be enjoyed on the smaller screen as they can be via desktop computers, several mobile-specific payment methods have been introduced.
Now, Pay By Mobile slots aren’t specific games that are only available when using a phone payment method. In fact, they’re the same great games you may already be accustomed to. This means that when you pay by phone you have access to many of the best slot titles on the market, including those developed by our favourite provider, NetEnt.
Several slot sites also provide a range of enticing casino bonuses for those of you depositing by mobile. These can include various welcome bonuses and reload bonuses to boost your bankroll, so we strongly suggest you choose an online casino offering that little bit extra.
Pay By Phone Vs Boku
Overall, Pay By Phone and the Boku payment method aren’t too dissimilar. Both services allow you to either top up your casino account balance by adding additional charges to your monthly bill or by using your prepaid balance.
However, the major difference is that Boku also offers mobile wallets as another digital payment method. This works similarly to carrier billing as the wallets are linked to a mobile number and its prepaid balance can be topped up using various funding sources, including cash, so you don’t need a credit or debit card to pay.
Safety And Security When Playing At Pay By Mobile Casinos
Just because your chosen site accepts payments by phone, it doesn’t necessarily mean that it’s the optimal online casino. As always, you should prioritise your financial and personal security when gambling online. There are a few things you’ll want to keep an eye out for that indicate whether or not a particular site can be trusted. These are as follows:
- Licences: To legally operate within certain markets, online casinos must first obtain a casino license. The regulatory bodies that award licenses have strict regulations in place to ensure each site provides a safe and secure environment in which to gamble. We suggest you choose a Pay by mobile casino that has acquired licenses from either the UKGC (United Kingdom Gambling Commission) or the MGA (Malta Gaming Authority), as they’re considered to be amongst the most well-respected licenses available.
- Encryption: An often overlooked factor; encryption plays an important role in the security of an online casino. Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption is a standard security technology for establishing an encrypted link between a server and a client – a website and a browser. You can easily find out whether or not an online casino utilises this technology by looking at the URL – HTTPS will be present when a website is secured by an SSL certificate.
- Customer support: If you ever have an issue when gambling online, you’ll want to know you have support options available to you. The most trustworthy online casinos will provide a comprehensive customer support package that includes live chat, email, and telephone support. It’s also advisable to choose a site that has 24/7 coverage and support that’s available in multiple languages.
- Read reviews: Perhaps the easiest way of measuring the safety and security of a specific online casino is by reading our in-depth casino reviews. We not only highlight the range of games, bonuses, and promotions that are available, but also provide licensing and security information relating to each site.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use my landline phone billing to deposit at online casinos?
Yes, most casinos allow the use of landlines to make a deposit similar to mobile phones and Boku.
Are there any deposit limits?
Yes, Pay by phone bill payments are usually capped at €30 per day
Am I still eligible for a casino bonus?
Yes, you shouldn’t have any issue claiming a casino bonus when depositing with your phone.
Are there any fees involved when paying by phone bill?
No, other than the amount you deposit, you should get no extra charge when depositing with your phone.