What is POLi?
POLi is one of the most popular online payment systems available in Australia and New Zealand and acts as an intermediary service between residents of those countries that have an internet banking account at one of the associated banks and online recipients (web merchants).
At this moment there are several Australian and New Zealand banks of which the clients can use their internet banking account to make a POLi transaction and there are numerous online entrepreneurs that accept it as a payment option (notably travel agents, airline companies and online betting and casino gaming websites). It offers an online payment solution for people that either don´t have a debit- or credit card or don´t want to use these options to make an online money transfer.
To make use of this service the only thing required is to have an internet banking account at one of the associated (Australian or New Zealand) banks and sufficient money on the account to “pay the bill”. This means customers don’t need to register or sign up at POLi as the service will use the proper (internet) banking environment of the payer to conclude the payment.
A POLi payment is done by the following procedure:
- Opt for POLi at the checkout page on the website of the recipient;
- A pop-up window will appear on which the amount to be transferred and the payer´s bank needs to be chosen;
- With choosing the proper bank the payer is redirected to the login page of the own (internet) banking account;
- After the login on the banking account all the payment details are already filled in;
- When these details are checked the payer confirms the transaction after which the payer is redirected to the website of the recipient:
- POLi will (in real-time) send a payment receipt to both the e-mail address of the payer as well as the e-mail address of the recipient.
No fees for transactions are made by their service, payments are carried out instantly and no signup or registration whatsoever to use the service is needed.
Also, the service neither captures nor stores personal details of its customers nor provides confidential information to the recipients of the payments the POLi transfers are anonymous. Besides this, POLi payments are safe and secure as all information concerning the transaction is SSL 2048-bit encrypted.
Payments can be made by using mobile devices such as tablets or smartphones too and the service can also be used to upload funds on e-wallets and debit cards.
Paying with POLi in an Online Casino
After choosing the correct option on the deposit page of an online casino the amount to be deposited needs to be filled in and the desired bank to use needs to be chosen. When logged in on the own bank account POLi will have filled in all further details of the deposit and the only thing the depositor needs to do is to check and confirm the deposit.
The transferred amount will be immediately available on the casino account.
Can Players Top Up E-Wallets Or Prepaid Cards With Credit Cards And Play At UK-Licensed Online Casinos?
As of April 2020, The United Kingdom Gambling Commission banned all UK-licensed online casinos from accepting credit cards as a payment method. This means no credit cards can be used to deposit or withdraw at any casino with a UK license. This also means casinos shouldn’t accept money from e-wallets or prepaid debit cards with funds that originated from a credit card. The use of debit cards is completely unaffected by this ban.
Withdrawing with POLi in an Online Casino
Unfortunately, it´s not possible to withdraw money from an online casino account using POLi.
Advantages of using POLi
Advantages of using the POLi payments platform are:
- Payments are safe and anonymous as no sensitive data about the payer is revealed to the payee and the transactions are encrypted
- It is carried out and confirmed instantly
- The procedure to make a payment is simple and carried out within minutes
Disadvantages of using POLi
The main disadvantages of using POLi as a banking option in online casinos are:
- No withdrawals can be made
- The service is only available for residents in Australia and New Zealand that have an internet banking account at one of the associated banks
- A payment is irrevocable.
Where to Pay with POLi?
Check out the options on this page to find some of our top NetEnt Casinos offering the POLi service can be used to make deposits.