Learning About Welcome Bonuses
Before you go ahead and claim an online casino welcome bonus, it’s worth knowing exactly what you can get out of it. The best casino bonuses offer many perks to gamers, but there are some important details you need to understand before you commit to one.
MAKING THE MOST OF YOUR WELCOME BONUS
When NetEnt games are your favourite, this page is ideal to take maximum advantage due to the various bonuses on online slots at your disposal. We’ve got a few tips and tricks handy to help make the process as smooth as possible:
- Although you may think that a welcome offer is a one-time thing, some of the best casino bonuses spiral over several deposits – making your money go much further.
- Casinos can also be at their most innovative during this stage, with starter packages benefitting you with anything from a deposit bonus, spins on your favourite NetEnt slots, or even a promotion to higher VIP levels.
- Of course, if your chosen platform offers a deposit bonus, this will certainly give you the means to play casinos for longer by boosting the total amount in your account.
- While certain casinos go wager-free and give wager-free spins (see below), most deploy wagering requirements as part of their offers and will display them as you’re signing up.
- One thing you need to be aware of is that websites don’t always allow you to use every deposit methods to claim a welcome bonus, so make sure to check whether the preferred casino payment methods are accepted.
In short, the best casino bonus will allow you to have more cracks at landing top prizes when playing your favourite games. You can’t really argue too much with that, but how exactly do you go about claiming and using a welcome bonus?
MUST-KNOW: HOW TO CASH OUT A WELCOME BONUS
There are only a few things to keep in mind before you can enjoy these gaming bonuses to the full, and we’ve compiled them right here to save you the hassle:
- We know it’s not the most thrilling of experiences, but you need to check the terms and conditions before you begin. This document will say how much your deposit bonus or other offer is worth, saving you from any surprises further on. You will find information on restricted payment methods/countries here too.
- Learn exactly how to claim the offer. Is it automatic? Do you need to input a specific code, or perhaps contact the support desk once your account’s been processed? Similarly, be aware of what it takes to opt-out, just in case.
- Finally, it’s also a good idea to learn the casino withdrawal times you’ll need to wait for when potentially cashing out those coin wins!
WAGERING REQUIREMENTS ON CASINO BONUSES
The best casino bonuses on NetEnt Casino are listed above, but we’ve also made it easy to learn about the wagering requirements as well. Every casino’s review will display how many times a deposit bonus or other must be wagered at that particular website before it’s released. That way, you get a clear insight into how interesting each and every welcome bonus is beforehand, allowing you to tailor your decisions to your preferences.
As we’ve said before, wagering requirements are the necessary ‘catch’ to bonuses. Most casinos have wagering requirements on bonuses so that you can’t immediately withdraw any winnings. Rather, they require you to roll the amount over a number of times, usually around 30-40x but occasionally ranging from 10x to 70x!
While this isn’t ideal for our hungry appetites, we wouldn’t have much of an iGaming industry to enjoy if they were all eradicated. Yet, a few clever fellows have identified our distaste and acted upon it…
CASINOS WITHOUT WAGERING REQUIREMENTS
That’s right, some online casinos attach no wagering requirements to their deposit bonuses at all!
While you’d expect every complying platform to take these bonuses on, because they’re so attractive to players, they’re still quite rare. Probably because they make it harder for casinos to take your money!
To help you to identify them quickly, here is a detailed guide to casinos with no wagering requirements so you can start looking forward to those coin wins properly!
What Is A Welcome Bonus?
Often questions that are as deceptively simple as ‘what is an X?’ turn out to have incredibly complex answers.
What is justice, what is time, what is truth? Try and answer any of these, and you’re soon bound to find yourself in a tizzy. ‘
What is a welcome bonus?’ is much easier to answer, although there’s nevertheless some complexity involved too.
A welcome bonus is a promotion that casinos offer to encourage players to deposit with them.
Because they’re trying to get you to start at their casinos, most of these bonuses will be very inviting.
These starter bonuses are only open to people once, but this isn’t the only condition on them.
Every typical bonus has specific terms and conditions and these are incredibly important – you can read more about them below.
Your typical welcome bonus will look like this:
- 100% up to €300 first-deposit bonus, with wagering requirements of x30 on the bonus
This means when you make your first deposit, the casino will give you 100% of that deposit up to €300 as a bonus, but that you will also have to bet x30 of the bonus amount (up to €300) for you to withdraw that money.
Another example of a welcome bonus, often called a no deposit bonus, will look like this:
- €100 no deposit bonus, with wagering requirements of x45
This means you don’t have to deposit any cash at the casino to get the €100, all you have to do is sign up and they’ll give it to you. You still have to bet x45 of that bonus amount (€100) for you to withdraw it.
Cashable vs. Non-Cashable Offers
The contrast between cashable and non-cashable is a relatively simple one to grasp, but it is not one that casinos often highlight. Usually, you’ll only find out about the difference between them when you come to read the terms and conditions or when you come to withdraw your cash. But, anyway, here it is:
- Cashable bonuses allow you to withdraw the bonus amount itself, non-cashable bonuses do not.
So, if your offer includes a cashable bonus, then you can cash it in. If your offer includes a non-cashable bonus, then you can’t cash it in.
Example: you get a €100 bonus and you’ve been lucky enough to generate €200 in winnings from that bonus whilst fulfilling your wagering requirements. If that bonus were cashable, then you could withdraw the total €300. If it were non-cashable, you could only withdraw the €200 you’ve won.
What Games Can I Play Using The Welcome Bonuses?
All casino promotions have terms and conditions behind them, either adding restrictions or making sure all sides are protected.
Usually, bonuses are only available on a certain number of games, or at least, some games will be restricted.
When your bonus comes with this sort of game restriction, the casino will typically list all of the eligible games in the terms and conditions of the bonus. Sometimes the number of games in the list can be quite small, sometimes it can be large, and often the games may be from only one provider – hopefully NetEnt!
Make sure that you check the terms and conditions of the bonus itself, because the game restrictions are not usually front and centre.
Casinos might signal out specific games for restriction because of the Return-To-Player percentage. This is to stop players choosing certain games that give players more chances to win.
Other games may not be banned for your bonus, but they may be made to be less effective as the percentage of your wagering requirement that they pay off has been reduced.
Welcome Bonus DO’s And DON’Ts
Here are some handy tips from us about what you should and shouldn’t do with these starting offers:
Welcome Bonus… Do:
- Be sure about wagering requirements
- Be clear which payment methods are accepted
- Check location restrictions
- Look for available bonus codes
- Shop around for the best bonuses on the market
- Check on the withdrawal times
Welcome Bonus…. Don’t:
- Don’t be drawn in by big bonus amounts alon
- Don’t forget to check the terms and conditions
- Don’t assume you automatically qualify for the bonus
- Don’t try to withdraw if you haven’t met the wagering requirements
- Don’t be afraid of using a no-wagering bonuses.
Casinos Without Welcome Bonuses – How Do They Work?
There’s been a significant rise in the number of casinos that have chosen to do away with wagering requirements and in the industry we typically call these ‘no wagering casinos’.
The increase in these casinos is due, in part, to the perception within the industry that wagering requirements are becoming more and more unfair. Because wagering requirements are attached to bonuses, one way of getting rid of them is simply to get rid of welcome bonuses.
Casinos that don’t offer these promotions are exactly like all other casinos, except for one vital difference: they don’t offer welcome bonuses.
In other words, there’s no real difference. And, as we mentioned above, many are motivated to remove welcome bonuses because they’re typically burdened with wagering requirements.
So, given that they’re the same as any other casino, the way these casinos without welcoming bonuses work is exactly the same too.
You deposit, play, possibly win, and withdraw your cash. In the midst of all the fun, however, you aren’t troubled with fulfilling annoying wagering requirements.
Casinos without bonuses are simpler in this respect, and, to players who just want to play casually and without hassle, we certainly recommend you look into them.
Welcome Bonuses With Free Spins
We mentioned the restrictions that come with free spins above, but it is also worth mentioning free spins in another context. Namely, when you get free spins as part of your welcome package.
The free spins you get are just like all of the other free spins that you’ve received before. So, You, therefore, need to look out for the same restrictions that come with them.
That being said, there are one or two additional things that you need to bear in mind. Firstly, make sure to check the wagering requirements on both the free spins and the bonuses. More often than not they’re not the same amount, and, if you assume that they are, then you’ll be in for a shock when you try to withdraw.
Secondly, make sure to check the game restrictions on the free spins and the bonuses. As with the wagering requirements, they do not usually have the same game restrictions.
Thirdly, make sure that you take note of whether or not the free spins come in a staggered release, or all at once.
What often happens with free spins that come with welcome bonuses is that they’re released over a certain amount of time .
This means that whilst it is advertised that you will get 100 free spins, the terms and conditions will state that 100 free spins will be given to you in batches of 10 free spins over 10 days from signing up.
What You Need To Know About Welcome Bonus Terms And Conditions?
One of the things that we try to impress upon our readers is the importance of the terms and conditions on a welcome bonus. In fact, the terms and conditions are just as important as the bonus itself, if not more.
We’ve already mentioned a few of the things that you should be cognizant of when researching offers, but it is worth making them really clear. So, here’s our list of what you need to look out for in the terms and conditions:
- The wagering requirements determine how much money you’ll ultimately have to wager before you can withdraw your welcome bonus. So, make sure to check on their amount and whether they apply to the bonus + deposit or just the bonus.
- Also, check the game values for wagering requirements because often certain games only qualify for a percentage of a standard wager, these details should be there for you to find in the Ts & Cs, so don’t miss them.
- Some bonuses are exclusive, which means they only apply if you’re not currently receiving any other bonus, so make sure to look out for this.
- Bonuses are also very often region-specific so that players from certain countries are disqualified from claiming them., Make sure to always check these out in the terms and conditions.
- The payment method used when depositing during will also possibly exclude you from getting a bonus. The accepted methods will be listed in the terms and conditions, so make sure to check that out too.
- Many bonuses come with ‘bonus codes’, these are often highlighted in the advert itself, but often they’re just in the terms and conditions, so checking there for bonus codes won’t do any harm. Not using them when required could mean you’re disqualified from claiming your bonus.
Lastly, all bonus terms and conditions are dependent upon, and are constrained by, the casinos’ general terms and conditions, so it’s worth having a look at those too.
Which Casinos Have Welcome Bonus Reload Offers?
While you might expect that you’ll get everything from a casino Welcome Package right away when you make a deposit.
Some packages contain multiple deposit rewards, however, so that you need to deposit multiple times to claim everything.
Deposit bonuses that come after the 1st Welcome Bonus are called reload bonuses, and there could be any number of them. Usually, however, there’s 1 – 3 Reload bonuses from casinos.
The value of Reload Bonuses usually varies heavily, with the last bonus being more attractive, which may encourage you to desposit 3 or 4 times to claim it.
You can find out about all of the casinos that have welcome bonuses over on our reviews page too. Alternatively, each month we round up the best offers for you, which you can check out on our monthly bonuses page.